Tortillas are cheap, tasty and you can make it whatever you want! When I moved out of my parents’ house I used to always get tortillas in my groceries. It’s about 1$ when it’s on sale to 3$ at regular price for a pack of 8 tortillas. I used to always prepare them with a slice of ham, cheese and lettuce like a sandwich, it was good, but not yet delicious. During the years I tried new things and new ways to dress the tortillas. I did homemade pizzas, morning burritos, chocolate and banana sandwich, mexican pitas, tofu and apple pita sandwich, etc.
Today, I present you with two of these recipes that could be all you eat on one entire day without being bored! The morning burrito for breakfast and the homemade thin crust pizza for lunch and/or dinner!
The morning burrito
This recipe is McDonald’s inspired, but is so much better for your healt and to taste also.
Ingredients (for one person):
- 2 eggs
- 2 tortillas
- 1/2 cup of grated cheese
- Fresh parsley
- One slice of onions
- Scramble the eggs in a pan (using a little bit of olive oil if necessary).
- At the same time, heat the two tortillas in the oven so they become just a tiny bit crispy.
- Take the tortillas and spread hummus (the kind you like, roasted pepper for me) all over them. Add the scrambled eggs, the grated cheese, the onions and the fresh parsley.
- Roll the tortillas and eat it!
**Tips: You can change the hummus for mayonnaise if it’s all you have. You can also add more vegetables if you want.
The homemade thin crust pizza
I love doing that recipe when I don’t know what to eat and I have a few vegetables in the fridge. You can change the ingredients with what you have at home all you need is cheese and a tortilla.
Ingredients (for one pizza):
- 1 tortilla
- 1/2 cup of grated mozarella/cheddar cheese
- 1 spoon of olive oil
- 1/2 red pepper
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes
- 10 sliced black olives
- Black pepper
- Fresh parsley
- Spread out the olive oil on the whole tortilla.
- Add a first stage of grated cheese. Add slim pieces of red pepper.
- Cut the sun-dried tomatoes in small chunks and add them on the tortilla. Spread the olives on the tortilla. Cut the spinachs in slim pieces and spread them on the tortilla.
- Add the last stage of grated cheese on top. Spread the black pepper and the fresh parsley at your taste.
- Put the tortilla in the oven at 350F for 7 minutes.
- Wait for one minute or so and eat it!
**Tips: You can change the olive oil for tomato sauce or pesto.